Vanie and I have this consolidated belief (and agreement) that besides creating an itinerary, saving money is one of the (most) important things you should do when you want to travel or experience other activities in the future. And what more better way to do this is with a bank that you can trust and can easily be accessed wherever and whenever you need your savings.
Having a bank account with Banco de Oro (BDO) is really advantageous. Aside from being one of the largest banks in the Philippines, they have a lot of ATM Machines spread all over the country which is really helpful for travelers. Moreover, BDO branches are open from Mondays to Fridays and even weekends from 8:00AM to 5:30PM and up to 7:00PM in branches located within SM Malls. And of course, online and mobile banking is also available.
I can still recall how I opened a new savings account with BDO. And opening a savings account with BDO is very easy.
Here are the requirements and a detailed step by step procedure on how to apply for a Peso Savings Account with BDO (for ATM only or with Passbook) for the first time:
- Make personal appearance, proceed to the New Accounts Section and present the the following requirements.
Two (2) Valid IDs with photo and photocopy of them:
Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
Senior Citizen Card
Unified ID (SSS, GSIS and Philhealth)
Other valid IDs issued by the Government and its instrumentalities
IDs like School ID, Alumni Card and employment IDs are just supporting documents.
Tip #1: If you could provide more than two IDs, the better.
Telephone or Mobile Phone Bill
Credit Card Bill, etc.
Tip #2: This is just to verify your billing address. You may use billing statements even if it’s not under your name as long as it’s from your family members.
Two (2) copies of 1×1 latest photo
- Fill out the application form that they will provide by supplying the required information. You are required to provide three (3) identical signature specimens.
- Provide the opening and maintaining balance: (a) at least Php2,000.00 for an ATM BDO Savings Account (b) Php10,000.00 for a Passbook with ATM BDO Savings Account.
Tip #3: If you want your account to gain interest, you need to maintain at least Php10,000.00 every month. Please bear in mind also that Php300.00 every month will be deducted in your accounts if it is below the maintaining balance requirement.
- Allow a day or two to have your account activated. You may claim your ATM and Passbook Kits within 5 to 7 banking days. I received mine after 5 days.
- They will ask you if you want to enroll it to their online and phone banking which I did. It got activated after 24 hours.
Do you plan to open an account for your travel fund? Or have you opened an account with them? Share your story and leave a message below. 🙂 Happy saving!